Today is officially my least favorite day of the week. It’s Monday! 😦 I also had a midterm today so hopefully I did well on that. Fingers crossed! I was watching Barefoot Contessa the other day and I couldn’t help drooling at her recipe for asian baked salmon and crunchy noodle salad. This salad is super easy and very tasty. It had all of my favorite asian ingredients! 🙂 You guys have to try this out. Perfect for vegetarians? Is peanut butter okay? If not, sorry!
Here’s the recipe..
Crunchy Noodle Salad (adapted from Barefoot Contessa)
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 stalks of green onion
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons sesame oil (I used regular, she used black sesame oil. Personally, I don’t think it matters.)
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup of soy sauce (I used the light kind)
1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar
1 package thin spaghetti
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 big spoonful of peanut butter (I used the extra crunchy JIF kind)
water for boiling noodles
** ingredients can be found in asian supermarkets or asian aisles of supermarkets
1. Boil a pot of water and add in the noodles. I’m lazy and I boil my water and noodles at the same time (college student here). It took about 12 minutes.
2. While the water/noodles are boiling, cut the bell peppers into long stripes. Discard the middle part that’s the heat or use it for some other dish.
3. Chop your green onions and mince your garlic.
4. Grate your ginger and throw everything together in a big bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together your oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and peanut butter
6. Drain your noodles and add to the big bowl of peppers.
7. Pour your sauce over your noodle mixture and combine.
8. Garnish with more green onions if you’re into that kind thing.
ENJOY! It’s so easy and trust me, it has my fave Chinese ingredients so it’s quite flavorful. I did add a teensy bit more rice wine so maybe that’s why. I love the crunchy bell peppers and the soft noodles. The texture is wonderful. Sorry about the pictures! My camera has been dying on me 😦 I’ve had it for so long. Thanks for reading! 🙂