Hey all, I’m done with finals for summer session 1! FINALLY! 🙂 I feel so relieved. I’ve been waiting about a week or longer to make this pizza because I found a new recipe for pizza crust. Let me tell you, this baby smells de-li-cious! It’s so amazing 🙂 This week is going to be pretty exciting. I plan on tackling making green tea macarons with white chocolate ganache tomorrow so hopefully they turn out yummy. I also plan on making some rice krispy treats. I usually don’t like the ones they sell prepackaged because it’s too sweet. The kind I make is just right. Then on Friday I’m getting back to samoas and making the actual cookies themselves. Buena Park Food Fest is on Saturday and my grandma’s birthday lunch is on Sunday. Talk about a busy week! I’m so ready for it. Anyway, back to my pizza. I suggest washing it down with some pomegranate coke (recipe below). It’s great!
Here’s the recipe..
BBQ Chicken Pizza (this recipe is for 2 pizzas. halve ingredients accordingly)
1/2 lb mozzarella cheese (please cut yourself)
4oz smoked gouda cheese
2 pizza crusts
2 cooked chicken breasts (cut into squares)
your favorite bbq sauce
extra virgin olive oil
cilantro/red onions for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees
2. Roll pizza crust about 1/2 inch thick. If it’s a homemade pizza crust, PLEASE pay attention to this step. Sometimes people don’t make the crust thin enough so when it’s cooking the crust doesn’t cook all the way.
3. Spread a layer of olive oil on pizza crust. Just a little bit to coat the surface.
4. Spread bbq sauce on pizza crust. Amount depends on your own liking.
5. If you would like to have red onions or cilantro in your pizza (I don’t) then this would be where you’d add them.
6. Add mozzarella cheese
7. Add chicken breast
8. Top off with smoked gouda cheese (it’s an expensive cheese but TRUST ME, you’ll want this in your pizza. it won’t taste the same without it)
9. Bake at 500 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until brown.
10. Top with cilantro and red onions if desired.
You’ll love this! 🙂 It’s really yummy. You can bake the chicken breast yourself.
Here’s the recipe..
Baked BBQ Chicken (The Pioneer Womans)
2 chicken breast
favorite bbq sauce
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper according to your liking.
3. Cover chicken breast in bbq sauce. I mean it people..drown those babies. You really want a bbq smoky taste 🙂
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Start at 20 first, you can bake longer if it’s not done but if it’s dry you can’t do much about that.
5. Cut into squares for the pizza.
Hope you enjoy the recipes! Thanks for coming by.