My mom threw a box of blueberries into my food bags last weekend so I’ve been contemplating what to make with the berries all week. I came to the conclusion of this delicious blueberry pound cake. At first I was thinking maybe blueberry muffins or blueberry crumb cake but I’ve already made both and I wanted to try something I haven’t made. That’s the thing with bakers, we’re always trying to bake things we haven’t to see if we can do it 🙂 Luckily, mine came out great. It was gorgeous with all the blueberries in there. I put more than the recipe called for but I don’t mind. I love blueberries.
Here’s the recipe..
Blueberry Pound Cake (found it on the internet..forgot which site =x hehe)
1 cup butter (2 sticks..I used 1 1/2 because I didn’t want to waste the stick I already used)
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pint or 2 cups blueberries (frozen is fine but I used fresh)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add one egg at time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
4. Stir in vanilla, salt, and baking powder.
5. Mix in 2 cups of flour, 1 cup at a time.
6. In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup of remaining flour with blueberries.
7. Fold in the blueberry mixture with the other mixture until combined. Don’t mix with a mixer, do it by hand. You want the blueberries to be in tack.
8. Grease a bundht or tube pan very generously (take this step seriously because not enough grease will be your cake sticking and we don’t want that).
9. Pour batter into pan and bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. It really depends on the kind of oven you have. I baked mine for 1 hr and 5 minutes.
It’s absolutely gorgeous 🙂 I’ve never made pound cake before so this looked really yummy. Cut yourself a big slice and pour yourself a glass of milk! You’ll love it if you like blueberries.
As you can see from the slice I cut, I really didn’t skimp on the blueberries. It’s what adds flavor to the cake along with the vanilla extract. Thanks for reading 🙂