I’ve been meaning to make chicken planks all week. I was reading Christy Jordan’s cookbook and this recipe seemed so easy. I was kind of hesitant to eat them by themselves because they were full of oil and that’s not necessarily a great thing. I mean if you’re into that then go right ahead but after eating junk food all week I decided a nice salad would suffice. These are pure oil taste..and I’m not kidding when I say that! 🙂
Here’s the recipe..
Chicken Planks Salad (adapted from Southern Plate)
2 chicken breasts or thighs cut into 3 strips each
3/4 sleeve of ritz crackers (original)
1 egg (beaten)
red sauce (I make my own)
handful of your preferred salad (I used spring mix)
pepper to taste
3 tablespoons ketchup (any kind)
1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
1. Dip chicken strips into egg mixture.
2. Dip chicken into cracker mixture and lay on plate.
3. When all strips are dipped, fry some vegetable oil.
4. When the oil is hot enough, put in all your strips.
5. Cook for about 2 minutes per side. These are strips so they don’t take long to cook!
6. Drain access oil on a plate lined with paper towels.
7. Grab a handful of salad and dump it into a medium bowl, whatever you like. I used spring mix.
8. Put 3 strips on top of the salad.
9. Sprinkle some red sauce on top and a little pepper.
Hope you try this! It’s delicious 🙂 The oil and the salad kind of cancel out though? Haha 🙂 I ate my salad with a tall glass of orangeade spritzer. I have a thing for spritzer. Can you tell? 😛
Here’s the recipe..
1 tall glass
orangeade (fresh or the minute maid kind)
club soda or sparkling water
1. Fill a tall glass 3/4 with orangeade.
2. Fill it 1/4 with club soda and stir.
It’s that easy. It’s kind of a less carbonated version of Sunkist which is one of my favorite sodas if I drank them. The drink really complimented the salad 🙂 It was oily, a bit crunchy, a bit sweet, a bit spicy, and a bit sour which is what I like. I’m in need of texture in my food. Thanks for stopping by.