I’ve always wondered why a hamburger was called a hamburger. There’s no ham in it so technically wouldn’t it be called a meat burger or beef burger? You know, similar to a veggie burger? Or at least that’s my take on it. I had some ground beef and pork on hand and I didn’t want to make a pasta dish with it. I’m kind of sick of pasta at the moment. I had kaiser rolls and some spring mix salad so I decided to make myself a hamburger. I haven’t had one in such a long time 😦 I feel so deprived! Not anymore, this recipe made me 6 scrumptious patties.
Here’s the recipe..
1/2 lb ground pork
1/2 lb ground beef
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce (marinade recipe on the bottle)
1 teaspoon garlic salt (marinade recipe on the bottle)
6 kaiser rolls or 3 if you’re making double pattie burgers
vegetables of your choice (I used spring mix salad)
1. If you have a food processor, mix the meat together. If you don’t, do it by hand with a fork.
2. Mix in 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
3. Add the garlic salt and stir to combine.
4. Form balls the size of golf balls and lay them on a plate.
5. Heat a large pan and drop 3 of the balls of meat at a time. Press down on the ball to make a flat pattie.
6. The meat shouldn’t take long to cook because they’re flat. Approximately 2-3 minutes on each side should do it. Don’t let yours get as black as I let mine 😦
7. After all the patties are cooked, cut your kaiser rolls in half hamburger style and drop them on the pan to grill.
8. Spread a layer of ketchup on each bun and top the bottom bun with a pattie.
9. Top the pattie with a piece of cheese and another layer of ketchup. Top the top bun with vegetables of your choice.
10. Top the cheese and ketchup with another pattie.
11. Put it together and enjoy!
This goes great with some orangeade spritzer 🙂 It’s pretty darn delicious. I miss hamburgers so much. I can’t wait to grill some more when the bf gets back from deployment. Thanks for stoppin by 🙂