FRENCH TOAST!! The recipes posted by I Am Baker and The Steamy Kitchen look so amazing. I really didn’t know which one to make because I wanted to make both. I didn’t have ingredients for the stuffed french toast so I ended up making the Steamy Kitchen recipe. It was pretty delicious and very high in butter. But if you’re into that sorta thing then you’ll love this.
Here’s the recipe..
Banana Foster French Toast (adapted from The Steamy Kitchen)
6 regular slices or 3 big slices of your favorite kind of bread (I used french)
3 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup of whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
sliced bananas (1 per person)
1. In a medium pot, melt butter.
2. Stir in brown sugar. Please stir continuously, if you don’t you’ll end up with brown sugar bits stuck together. We want a syrup 🙂
3. Bring the syrup mixture to a boil and turn off stove/put a lid on the pot.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, cream, and vanilla extract.
5. Cut bread into slices as thick as you like and dip them in the egg mixture. Be sure to coat both sides.
6. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large pan and add in french toast in a single layer. Only add as much as the pan will fit.
7. Cook french toast for about 3 minutes on each side until it’s golden brown but not burnt.
8. Layer french toast on a plate and slice a banana into several pieces.
9. Heat the syrup again and add the banana slices. Stir for about 1 minute and turn off heat. We want the bananas to be tender but not mushy.
10. Pour syrup over french toast and enjoy 🙂
It’s really filling, or maybe it’s because I ate all three pieces. I got lazy so I cut them into pretty big pieces. Thanks for reading 🙂