I love grilled cheese sandwiches. Grilled cheese and ham is my favorite. You can’t go wrong with a good grilled cheese and ham sandwich. I didn’t have any ham so I substituted and used turkey instead. I know I know, why the heck am I eating turkey if there’s the whole turkey recall and salmonella crisis? The sliced turkey has been in my freezer for who knows how long. It’s still as delicious as if I bought it at the store fresh. So no worries about salmonella and whatever else they’re talking about. But since there IS a turkey recall, I wouldn’t suggest that anyone go out and buy turkey. Use ham! 🙂
Here’s the recipe..
Grilled Turkey and Cheese Sandwich
2 slices of french bread
2 slices of american cheese
sweet relish (optional)
tartar sauce (optional)
6 slices of oven roasted turkey
1. In a large pan or griddle, grill the two slices of bread just until it’s brown.
2. After grilling one side, flip to the other side and put a slice of cheese on each piece of bread.
3. Grill for about another minute and put it on a plate.
4. Pour some sweet relish on top of the melted cheese.
5. Stir fry 6 slices of turkey until golden brown.
6. Put 3 slices of turkey on each slice of bread and top with tartar sauce.
7. Put the sandwich together and enjoy! 🙂
This is pretty spankin delish. The sweet relish and tartar sauce are completely optional. I love both so I have to have them in my sandwich. Tartar sauce is my mayo. It’s all McDonald’s fault because of their fillet-o-fish sandwich. I love those 🙂 I have yet to figure out their secret but I’m not sure I want to because it’s McDonalds. Watching Super Size Me totally scarred me for life! Anyway, thanks for reading 🙂