So my roommate (the same one) made vegan banana cake the other day. I call it banana bread because it has the same consistency to me but it’s just me. This recipe doesn’t have butter in it so apparently it’s healthier but I’m not really sold. It has chocolate chips in it which in my book is almost as bad as butter. It’s pretty tasty though 🙂
Here’s the recipe..
Vegan Banana Cake (the roomie)
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1 cup mashed bananas (2 ripe bananas)
1 cup coconut milk
3/4 canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a loaf pan.
2. Pour all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Pour all wet ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk.
5. Once the batter is thoroughly mixed, fold in chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes to an hour or until done.
It taste like banana bread but with chocolate chips. Not really sure why it’s called cake. Anyway, thanks for stopping by 🙂