This recipe is a combination of chocolate chip cookie dough and brownie mix. I’m pretty sure Bakerella started a revolution when she posted the recipe of these babies. I first saw it on her blog a while back and thought it was effin genius. Chocolate chip cookies and brownies..combined. The ultimate dessert! Anyway, since the bf was coming back I made him these brownies too. That is why my samoa cupcakes were lacking the chocolate drizzled on top. I used up all my chocolate chips in the cookie dough! 😦 He had the funniest look on his face when he asked me why there wasn’t any chocolate on there. Anyway, my brownies came out under baked. I didn’t realize this until the next day because I baked it so late at night that I fell asleep before it completely cooled. I baked it again in the morning but all was lost. However, I’m pretty pro when it comes to under baked goodies. I used to do it a lot bake in high school when I was just learning the ropes. I cut them into squares regardless of the gooey mess I made and stuck them in the fridge. THEY’RE SPANKIN DELICIOUS I tell you! After I left it in the fridge overnight, I ate a piece with some butter pecan ice cream. It was just like eating a fudge sundae. Absolutely delicious. You can use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and brownie recipe or used the box mix. Regardless, you’ll get something delicious out of it. I used the ultimate brownie recipe and one of my fave chocolate chip recipes. I believe the ultimate brownie recipe is in a previous blog post. As the PW would say, the world is your oyster. Embrace it people.
Here’s the recipe..
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe
disclaimer: I didn’t forget the chocolate chips. The picture was taken before I folded them in! Thanks! 😛
your favorite brownie recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a 13×9 baking dish, spoon tablespoons of cookie dough all over the bottom. You don’t want them touching but you want lots of cookie dough. About half of the cookie dough would be accurate.
3. Pour your brownie batter over the tablespoons of cookie dough and spread evenly. At this time, you shouldn’t see any cookie dough.
4. Spoon the remaining cookie dough on top of the brownie batter and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour. MAKE SURE THE MIDDLE IS BAKED COMPLETELY.
5. Let it cool and cut them into squares. Stick them in the fridge overnight if you want a more fudgey consistency. Enjoy with a bowl of ice cream!
You know..because the world is your oyster. Oh PW, she’s so smart. I’ve been watching her on the Food Network. Love the episodes. MM isn’t bad either 🙂 I like his accent. Bakerella knows her stuff. These brownies will satisfy any sweet tooth. All pictures were taken by Joyce. Thanks for reading 🙂