I actually made this lasagna last week but never got around to posting about it. The pan that I used was a lot bigger than the one Lauren used so I sort of had to play with the amount of ingredients. I made it for my bf when he came back from Afghaniland but he only ate a piece 😦 Yes, I’m the kind of person that mopes when people don’t eat my cooking. I spent quite some time making it so it’s like a slap in the face if people don’t eat it am I right? Yeah, don’t answer that. I know I’m right 🙂 So I was talking to the bf yesterday and he was like “Yeah so I read your blog” and the first thing I thought was “Oh F*CK!” Hahahahah, anywayyyyy onto the recipe!
Here’s the recipe..
Classic Lasagna (adapted from Lawfully Wedded Wife)
9 lasagna noodles (not the precooked kind)
1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 container parmesan cheese
2 large eggs
3 cups of ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons of parsley (go for the fresh stuff if you have it)
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup marinara sauce
8 cups baby spinach
2 tablespoons of olive oil
the rest of the marinara sauce (I used a 16 oz can of hunts)
5 sweet italian sausages (Lauren cut the packaging to the sausages and took out the meat. Effin genius!)
1-2 tablespoons italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1. Boil a big pot of water and cook your lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain them and pat them dry with a paper towel. Use foil to layer them and keep them warm until the rest of the ingredients are ready.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients of the ricotta mixture and set aside.
3. In a large pan, heat olive oil for a minute or two and throw in your spinach.
4. Add marinara sauce after all the spinach is coated in oil. Cook just until everything combines. About 4 minutes. Set aside or pour into a bowl and use the pan for the bolognese sauce.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. In a large pan, cook italian sausage until almost done.
7. Add in marinara sauce and all seasonings. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink and the sauce is warm.
8. To assemble, grab a 13×9 inch pan. Lay 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Next spoon a layer of ricotta cheese on top of the noodles. Spoon a layer of spinach mixture and sprinkle with half of mozzarella. Spoon a layer of bolognese sauce and top with another layer of noodles and repeat. The top layer should be noodles and not sauce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of noodles and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Enjoy it! I’m a huge fan of lasagnas so this was right up my alley. However, I didn’t like it as much as my staple lasagna recipe. I’ll post that whenever I get around to making it! 😛 Thanks for coming by.