This past week has been pretty hectic. Since school was starting, there was a lot to do. There were also a lot of events. I made spaghetti and meatballs at my friends house because she doesn’t cook. AT ALL! I’m still trying to wonder how she survives. Anyway, onto the food!
Here’s the recipe..
Spaghetti and Meatballs (adapted from the PW)
1 box spaghetti cooked according to box instructions
2 lbs ground beef
3-4 cloves of garlic
2 cans of 16oz tomato sauce
3 tablespoons bread crumbs
1/4 cup of milk
4 tablespoons of italian seasoning divided
1-2 teaspoons black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, dump ground beef and mesh together with your hands.
2. Add the two eggs and milk and mix again.
3. Finally add 2 tablespoons of italian seasoning, bread crumbs, and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
4. After the mixture is completely combined, shape them into balls about the size of a golf ball or ping pong ball if you play beer pong 🙂
5. In a large pan, heat some oil and drop the meatballs in the pan to cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side. It doesn’t have to be throughly cooked because we’re adding it back into the sauce.
6. Once the meatballs are seared then put them back on a plate.
7. Sautee the onions and minced garlic. Add the meatballs back in then add the tomato sauce.
8. Simmer the sauce and meatballs on medium low heat for about 30-45 minutes. While the sauce is simmering, cook your spaghetti according to box instructions.
Enjoy it 🙂 I think it was my first time making meat balls so that was pretty interesting. On a side note, I had to show you this delicious picture. As most of you know, I’m a food truck fanatic and on Tuesday I caught the Lobsta Truck! I was so excited because I’ve been meaning to try them for a really long time. I ended up getting the lobster roll. DE-LI-CIOUS! 🙂 I loved it like no other. Lobster is by far one of my favorite dishes.
Thanks for coming by!