This weekend while fighting the flu bug and whatever else is going around, I decided to make myself a nice filling meal. I’ve been eating porridge for the past week because my attempt to use my sisters old rice cooker failed. I ended up with lots of semi-cooked rice so porridge it is! I had a lot of chicken thighs on hand so I made italian herb chicken with season salt mashed potatoes and marinated tomatoes. Most of you have either heard of or read the Pioneer Woman’s blog. I love her because all her recipes are so basic. They usually don’t call for ingredients that you can’t find at any store around the states. With that being said, I’m a simple person. Unless it comes to macarons..then it gets quite fancy. BUT, I was not in the fancy mood yesterday seeing as how I was kind of sick. I’m not sure if there’s a staple to italian herb chicken. I only call it that because I used a lot of herbs that I would have used in spaghetti or lasagna.
Here’s the recipes..
Italian Herb Chicken
3-4 chicken thighs (you can use breast if you like)
salt and pepper for seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon basil
a pinch of season salt
1 teaspoon thyme (optional)
oil for frying
1. In a medium pan, heat oil on medium.
2. Add marinated chicken thighs and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Time WILL vary depending on how big your pieces are. It’s a good idea to pound the chicken to an even thickness but I was lazy.
3. Cut into strips if you desire!
Season Salt Mashed Potatoes
4 medium golden potatoes
1/2 stick of butter
1-2 teaspoons season salt
1. Boil a medium pot of water.
2. When the water comes to a boil, add in potatoes.
3. I cut mine into pieces to make it cook faster. It should take at least 20-40 minutes.
4. Drain potatoes and add butter right away.
5. Once the butter is melted add in the season salt and voila.
4 plump tomatoes (not roma)
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar dressing (I know I cheated!)
1-2 teaspoons parsley
1. Cut tomatoes into small pieces (not a mince but a dice).
2. Add balsamic vinegar dressing and mix to combine.
3. Add parsley and mix again.
Hope you enjoy the recipes. The meal in itself is quite filling. Unless you’re a boy..then it probably won’t be! 😛 I’m super excited I finally got my Team Rubicon sweater! It’s so nice and comfy. Don’t forget to visit their site @ teamrubiconusa.org! They’re currently monitoring the earthquake that hit Eastern Turkey. Enjoy your weekend! 🙂