I’ve gotten pretty darn good at making cupcakes. I’m also VERY lazy so I’d like to say that my ways of making cupcakes are super easy. Sometimes I make them from scratch, sometimes I used the box mix. Either way works just fine. They both taste delicious. My big bruhder’s birthday is this Saturday and he LOVES mandarin oranges. I didn’t really know what I could make with mandarin oranges until I thought about cupcakes. If all else fails, make cupcakes! 🙂 Anyway, while I was on campus I was contemplating what to make. I finally decided to make a trip to Trader Joe’s to see if they had any mandarin oranges. Luckily for me, they did! These are supposed to be the highest quality mandarin oranges around because they’re imported from Valencia, Spain. Hopefully that’s true! They were pretty darn delicious.
Here’s the recipe..
Mandarin Orange Cupcakes
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 box vanilla pudding
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 12oz can of mandarin oranges (juice and all)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour all ingredients except for mandarin oranges in your mixing bowl and combine.
3. Pour in your oranges and combine again. You want the oranges to be in a dice form. Not minced! Don’t mix too long.
4. Spoon batter into your cupcake liners and bake for 25-30 minutes.
5. Let cool and frost with buttercream frosting. I bought two cans of oranges so I could use one for decoration. I also used sliced almonds. Enjoy em! 🙂
And if anyone’s curious, Jake Wood (founder of Team Rubicon) won GQ’s better men better world search. Rock on TR Nation!