I’m pretty crazy about my waffle maker. I have a bad habit. I eat breakfast for dessert and dessert for breakfast. I tried to tweak the chocolate chip waffle recipe I posted so I could get a dessert waffle. I ended up putting cinnamon into the batter and it was great. I didn’t have any apples on hand so I used strawberries and drizzled chocolate on top. I would have added powdered sugar and whip cream if I had any! 🙂
Here’s the recipe..
Cinnamon Waffles (adapted from Cuisinart)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup pure silk almond milk (or regular milk)
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon (more if you want a stronger flavor)
fruit, powdered sugar, chocolate, caramel for garnishing
1. Preheat waffle maker according to instructions.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix until creamy.
3. Ladle about 1/2 cup of batter and spread onto waffle maker. Cook until golden brown.
4. Top with desired fruit. I used strawberries because that’s all I had.
5. Garnish with chocolate, caramel, or powdered sugar.
Enjoy! 🙂 I made two of them. One for myself and another one for my sister. I hope I can tweak them some more so I could make different kinds. Thanks for stopping by. Strawberry streusel muffins tomorrow!