I’ve been looking for recipes that require strawberries for the past few days. My dad bought a lot of strawberries and I want to finish them before they go bad. I was browsing Baking Bites and I saw a recipe for raspberry streusel muffins that look super delish. I decided to try them with strawberries and they were great taste wise. I didn’t really like the texture because I found it to be too hard for a muffin. I thought it would be light and fluffy like other muffins I’ve made but it wasn’t. Regardless, it was still tasty and I devoured them in seconds.
Here’s the recipe..
Strawberry Streusel Muffins (Baking Bites)
For the muffins:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
For the streusel:
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for streusel until it resembles coarse bread crumbs. Set bowl aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients for the batter except for the strawberries. Once batter is completely mixed and lump free, fold in strawberries.
4. Line muffin tins with paper lines and fill each liner about 3/4 full.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or longer, depending on your oven.
Enjoy them. They’re great for breakfast. I love the streusel part straight out of the oven. It’s very crispy and gives the muffin more texture. Thanks for reading! 🙂