These two recipes have made their way into my Christmas rotation. I gave the almond toffee crunchies away as gifts and had guests enjoy the peanut butter cups. I have to say, the peanut butter cups are my favorite. They’re out of this world delicious. It’s tastier homemade than store bought although I’m quite addicted to the Reese’s peanut butter cups sold in stores.
Here’s the recipes..
Almond Toffee Crunchies (adapted from Savory Sweet Life)
1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup sliced almonds for garnishing
1. Lay the saltines on a cookie sheet in neat rows.
2. Boil the butter and brown sugar to make a caramel mixture.
3. Pour caramel mixture on top of saltines.
4. Immediately pour chocolate chips on top of caramel mixture and spread all over the top.
5. Sprinkle sliced almonds on top of chocolate and let cool before breaking into pieces.
Peanut Butter Cups (adapted from allrecipes)
1 bag 11.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
1. Melt chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl or double broiler.
2. Microwave peanut butter until soft and creamy.
3. Mix peanut butter with salt and sugar. Stop mixing when it becomes creamy.
4. Line your cupcake pan with paper liners.
5. Spoon about 1 tablespoon or more of chocolate into each liner.
6. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter into the chocolate.
7. Spoon more chocolate on top depending on the size of the peanut butter cup you want.
Please try the peanut butter cups! 🙂 I’ve always thought it was just a myth that homemade peanut butter cups beat store bought ones but it’s true. These little beauties are delicious! I’m in the process of making a chicken pot pie (it’s baking in the oven) so that recipe will be featured tomorrow. Thanks for reading 🙂