Hey all! Sorry for the lack of reads on here. Midterms completely destroyed me. I went on a grocery shopping spree to find ingredients for bbq chicken potato skins. I was browsing around blogs and stumbled upon the bbq chicken sweet potato skins made by How Sweet It Is. That woman is awesome, just saying. They looked so delicious in her pictures I almost drooled on my keyboard. I knew they were the perfect comfort food to get me over my midterms slump. These are quite time consuming so with that in mind you might want to prep everything before hand or make them in big batches for parties and etc.
Here’s the recipe..
BBQ Chicken Potato Skins (adapted from How Sweet It Is)
approximately 10 medium golden potatoes washed thoroughly
1/2 cup or more bbq sauce
3 large pieces of chicken cooked and dice or shredded (I used thighs)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 medium onion cut into thin strips and caramelized
3 stalks of green onions diced
sea salt for sprinkling
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While your oven is preheating, wash your potatoes and cut them in half length wise.
2. Cover a baking sheet with foil and place the potatoes cut side down.
3. Bake for approximately 35 minutes and let cool.
4. Mix your bbq sauce with your diced or shredded chicken. You might need more sauce depending on how much you like. Set aside.
5. When potatoes are cooled, scoop out the insides but be sure to leave some on the skin so it’s sturdy.
6. Take half of the scooped potatoes and mix it with a small fistful of cheddar cheese.
7. When the potatoes are all scooped, place them cut side down and drizzle the tops with olive oil. I sprinkled mine with sea salt.
8. Bake for another 10 minutes and then take them out to turn them over and bake again for 3 minutes.
9. Scoop some of the mashed potato/cheese mixture into the skins.
10. Top with bbq chicken, onions, and the rest of the cheddar cheese. Repeat until all potato skins are full and bake for another 3 minutes.
11. When serving, drizzle more bbq sauce on top and garnish with green onions.
Enjoy these!! They’re so delicious! I’ve already ate three and I love them. I think these are great appetizers or snacks to hold you over because potatoes are heavy and these are very filling. If you’re interested, Bulleyes BBQ sauce is the way to good! I bought the Kansas City kind and holy cow, do they know their bbq sauce. Chocolate cake ball truffles and shrimp pasta to come! Sorry for the lack of post, my photobucket account is super hating on me and everything works EXCEPT the upload button. How bizarre is that? Anyhoo, thanks for stopping by.