I made some chocolate covered cake balls. Let me say this first..I give props to Bakerella for having the patience to make all those amazingly cute cake pops. I was only make chocolate covered cake balls and I already getting tired of them. I’m a very impatient person. Anyway, I made dark chocolate cake balls covered with white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate. I wanted to drizzle chocolate on top for a fancy look but unfortunately I ran out of chocolate! 😦 I also made myself a delicious bratwurst for lunch along with a side salad. It was so good!!
Here’s the recipe..
Chocolate Covered Cake Balls
1 box dark chocolate cake baked according to instructions (I used Duncan Hines)
1 cup vanilla frosting (I used Pillsbury classic white)
1 12oz bag of white chocolate chips
1 12oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
sprinkles, heath bar bits, or chopped nuts for decoration (optional)
1. Crumb your cake in a large bowl. I used a fork to get everything crumbed evenly
2. Mix 1 cup of frosting into the cake. Make sure it’s even distributed that way the cake stays together.
3. Make balls a little smaller than the size of a ping pong ball and set on a foil covered baking sheet. When you have all the balls made, stick them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to harder it up so that it doesn’t break while you’re dipping it into the chocolate.
4. In a medium bowl, melt your chocolate. Use two bowls for the two kinds of chocolate please! I did the white chocolate first and then the semi-sweet.
5. Dunk your cake ball in the chocolate and use a FORK to get rid of the access chocolate.
6. When they’ve all been dipped in chocolate, put them back into the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. After that you can eat them right away or put them in candy boxes to give away! 🙂 Great ideas for gifts by the way.
I got the boxes from Sweet Baking Supply. This recipe made about 30-32 cake balls. Some of mine were a bit bigger than a ping pong ball but that’s only because I was getting tired and lazy. Enjoy em! 🙂