Sorry it’s been awhile since I blogged! I’m finally done with midterms and have finals right around the corner. Gotta love the college life. Now I’m being swamped with papers. I made this pasta about a week ago but haven’t had the time to post about it so here goes nothing.
Here’s the recipe..
Shrimp Pasta (adapted from How Sweet It Is)
1 lb shrimp deveined and peeled
4 cloves garlic minced
1 stalk green onions minced (optional)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 cups penne pasta
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional – add if you want it to be spicy)
1. Place shrimp in a large ziploc bag.
2. In a small bowl, mix the oil, salt, soy sauce, garlic and black pepper together and pour into the bag.
3. Let marinate for at least 2 hours.
4. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
5. Sautee shrimp for about 4 minutes and add pasta into the pan to combine. I added lots of green onions after I combined the shrimp and pasta.
It’s really simple. The kind I made unfortunately lacked a bit of flavor due to me leaving out the pepper flakes! 😦 Next time! I also tried to use wheat pasta instead of regular but that probably wasn’t such a good idea because it tasted real different. Hope you try it soon 🙂