This recipe is very similar to the Pioneer Womans. Hers has onions instead of garlic among other ingredients but I improvised because I didn’t have any onions on hand. To my surprise, the sauce was quite delicious after being cooked with the chicken.
Here’s the recipe..
Garlic Chicken Marinara Pasta (adapted from the PW)
1 package penne pasta cooked according to box instructions
1 16 oz jar of Ragu mushroom & garlic marinara sauce
4 pieces of chicken thighs
3 cloves of garlic minced
oil for sauteing garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to box instructions and set aside.
2. Pour a little oil in a frying pan and saute the garlic. I actually did it until it was somewhat brown which brought out a lot of flavor in the sauce.
3. Salt and pepper the chicken thighs and sear them in the frying pan.
4. After the chicken thighs are seared, add in the marinara sauce.
5. Cook covered on medium heat for about 15-20 minutes.
6. Plate your pasta and put a piece of chicken on top and add sauce. I served mine with mashed potatoes 🙂
Hope you enjoy it. I usually don’t make chicken with marinara sauce but it was quite tasty. I think the garlic and the chicken juices really bring out the flavor in the sauce. I’ve had the same kind of sauce with spaghetti and it didn’t taste as flavorful. Thanks for reading.