I’m in love with strawberries! I love strawberry season so much. As I mentioned in the previous post, I got these babies at the farmers market. They were too ripe that most of them were already going to go bad. Instead of trying to stuff myself with strawberries, I made chocolate covered strawberries! 🙂 They were ah-mazing by the way. I think the ripeness of the strawberries made them sweeter than usual. Combined with the sweetness of chocolate made them extra sweet, just the way I like it.
Here’s the recipe..
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
1 12 oz bag of good quality chocolate chips
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter at room temperature
1. Pour chocolate in a microwavable bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until all chocolate is melted.
2. Once chocolate is melted, stir in the cream, butter, and vanilla extract. Be sure to do this right away when the chocolate is still hot. Also be sure that the butter melts completely. You could do this over the stove if you’d like.
3. Let the chocolate cool while you wash the strawberries and pat them dry with a paper towel.
4. Leave the stems on the strawberries and hold the stem while dipping each one. After dipping, set them on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
5. Let the chocolate harden on the wax paper before putting in the fridge.
6. Once the chocolate hardens, put in the fridge for at least 2 hours to harden the rest of the chocolate.
I got 20 chocolate covered strawberries with this recipe but yours might differ depending on the size of your strawberries. Most of mine were medium size with some small ones and a few large ones. They were delicious. I took them to my internship and my coworkers ate them up.
I think this salad is the awesomest one I’ve had in awhile. I was home for the weekend and we had chicken salads for dinner. My sister bought this sesame ginger salad dressing from Ralphs that just makes everything taste better! I usually don’t like cucumbers but in this case, they were delicious that I had extra ones! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!