Has anyone ever put bacon in substitution of ground beef before? My sister thought it was the greatest idea so we made bacon spaghetti. I finally learned how to cut carrots into small stripes. If you’re new to the blog, you should know that I cannot cut vegetables for the life of me. When I cook, I do the cooking not the prepping. I’ve never been a prepping kind of person. To me, the process just takes way too long. Which is why when I cook for myself I always make the simple things. That way it doesn’t take too long.
Here’s the recipe..
1 box thin spaghetti noodles cooked according to instructions
2 12oz cans of tomato sauce
1/2 pound mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon parsley
1 1/2 teaspoon basil
6-8 strips of bacon fried and cut into little squares
garlic salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper to taste
1. In a medium pot, heat tomato sauce and add in bacon.
2. Stir until the bacon is thoroughly incorporated in the sauce.
3. Add mozzarella cheese and stir until it fully melts into the sauce.
4. Add an egg at a time and stir the entire time. You don’t want egg chunks in your sauce.
5. Add thyme, oregano, parsley, and basil and stir again.
6. Add garlic salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper to taste. Don’t skimp on the red pepper flakes. It brings out a ton of flavor in the sauce. Feel free to add more seasoning to suit your taste. Make a quick salad and you have an easy meal.