These are awesome! I’m a huge cookie fanatic. I prefer cookies to other types of desserts because they’re simple yet delicious. I found this amazing recipe for chocolate chip cookies and wanted to branch out and try different flavors. I love blueberries because it gives the cookie such a rich flavor but it needed a little sweetness so I threw in the white chocolate chips. If you can find white chocolate bars then you should use that instead because the white chocolate chips aren’t 100% chocolate. I’m sure you’ve noticed that if you melt white chocolate chips, you’ll get a weird ivory cream/translucent color. If you haven’t, you’ve been warned. I think it’s fine to use the chips in cookies but if you’re melting it for cake pops or strawberries then you might want to consider using either white chocolate bars or white candy melts/coating.
I was waiting for the follow up to my job interview for a social work position and needed some extra cash to help with bills. I decided to sell some of my baking to friends who have been bothering me to sell them. Good thing for friends like that am I right? 🙂 Anyway, I managed to sell over 2 dozen white chocolate blueberry cookies and a dozen symphony brownies. I’m also venturing into cupcakes because I’m known as the cupcake freak. Cookie fanatic and cupcake freak..nice eh? I did make some good cash selling the cookies but I still have to find more customers! I also got the results for my interview today and I didn’t get the position. Somehow, I’m not that bothered by it. Sure it was good money (52,000 a year) but I don’t think I would have enjoyed it. It would have given me experience in the work field but I like baking. I don’t think you’ll see me in culinary school though. I’d never have the patience to make anything that pretty. Hence the blog name, fail sweetly..haha 🙂
Here’s the recipe..
White Chocolate Blueberry Cookies
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated white sugar
2 sticks butter
2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until fluffy.
3. Add in eggs one at a time.
4. Add the vanilla extract and salt and mix.
5. Mix the baking soda in the water and add to mixer.
6. Add three cups of flour. You can add it all at once or add one cup at a time. I add it all at once.
7. Once the dough is incorporated, add in the white chocolate chips and give it a good stir to get all the chips into the dough.
8. Add the blueberries once the chips are incorporated. Be careful not to squash the blueberries. It will be a little difficult getting all of them thoroughly mixed.
9. Using a ice cream scoop, place the cookie dough onto a silicone mat lined cookie sheet. I usually do 12 cookies per sheet.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Check at 10 and if it’s not done then add on time. It really depends on your oven.
11. Let the cookies cool and enjoy. The recipe makes approximately 3 dozen medium sized cookies.
I love these cookies. It’s not too sweet but still flavorful because of the blueberries. All the people that I’ve made these for always love it. Even my sister likes these! She usually only eats about one or two chocolate chip ones so I know they were good if she says they’re good. They make great party favors and something to snack on. Until next time, keep reading.