I was browsing Lauren Conrad’s website for this hair tutorial that I wanted to try out and I came across the dine gallery. A lot of the dishes are healthy but I came across a recipe for waffle cookies! The ones she made look super cute so I wanted to try them out myself. These would go great with a glass of milk or some vanilla ice cream 🙂
Here’s the recipe..
Dark Chocolate Chunk Waffle Cookies (adapted from Lauren Conrad.com) makes approximately 10-12 cookies
1 stick unsalted butter melted
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks (I used a 2oz square from the Sweet Factory)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk melted butter with brown sugar.
2. Add vanilla and then one egg at a time. Be sure to whisk thoroughly after each egg.
3. Add baking soda, salt, and flour. Whisk to get out all the lumps.
4. Pour in the oats and mix.
5. Add the chocolate and mix again.
6. Using a ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto waffle iron. I have a circular waffle iron from Cuisinart and I made these on 3. I made two cookies at a time so they wouldn’t stick. They take about 1 1/2 minutes to cook.
These cookies are delish with milk, coffee, hot chocolate, lattes, or ice cream. My mom isn’t a fan of my chocolate chip cookies because she thinks they’re too sweet. I’ve tried a number of different recipes and she hasn’t approved of any of them except this one. I’m not sure if it’s because it’s in the shape of a waffle..either way, these aren’t too sweet. If you want the maximum flavor of these cookies (they’re very flavorful in themselves) then use high quality ingredients. Don’t use imitation vanilla. I used dark chocolate squares from the Sweet Factory but Godiva or Ghirardelli work just fine. I usually use the Nestle kind or sometimes the Hersheys kind. My mom said the Sweet Factory quality is better. It’s also more expensive but these little suckers are delish. Try them out!