I finally had time to bake! Blueberries have always been one of my favorite berries. I think they’re delicious in muffins, scones, donuts, parfaits, cookies, smoothies, ice cream..well it’s a long list. I saw this recipe on allrecipes and it had over 6,000 pins so I figured it must be good. I loved the texture but I think the muffin itself lacked flavor. This recipe doesn’t call for vanilla extract in the batter. As a blueberry muffin addict that has made numerous blueberry muffins using a variety of recipes, ADD THE VANILLA EXTRACT! Some people say the taste is the same, trust me, it’s not. Without the blueberries, the muffin doesn’t taste like much. It’s muffin like and a bit sweet but there’s no oompfh to it. The crumble on the other hand is spankin delicious. The cinnamon sends it over the top so don’t leave that out either! 🙂
Here’s the recipe..
Blueberry Muffins (adapted from AllRecipes.com)
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup blueberries (you can use frozen ones, just thaw them first)
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
half a stick of butter, cubed
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk all dry batter ingredients except blueberries. Once you mix the dry ingredients, all the wet ingredients.
3. When the batter is mix thoroughly, fold in the blueberries.
4. In another medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, and cinnamon together. Add cubed butter and work it into the dry ingredients using a fork.
5. Line your muffin pan with cupcake liners and spoon batter until each liner is approximately 2/3 full. Add a tablespoon of crumb mixture over the batter and make sure it covers all of the batter.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy! 🙂
These muffins go great with a glass of milk! They’re very light and fluffy which is what I like in muffins. Thanks for reading!