I’ve been looking up recipes that I’ve written and saved since my college days and found some super easy and lazy pasta recipes. I had a load of classes every quarter and I tried my best to make dishes that tasted good and were relatively easy. Occasionally if I had time, I’d make recipes that require more effort. I call this recipe leftover pasta because I was short on cash and had these ingredients on hand for this pasta dish.
1 box farfalle pasta cooked
1 11 oz jar of Bertollis Italian sausage and romano sauce
6 breakfast sausage links cooked and chopped into bite size pieces
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– in a large pan or pot, dump in the minced garlic
– cook garlic on medium high heat for about 30 secs (do NOT use high or over cook or you’ll have burnt garlic in your pasta)
– pour in the jar of pasta sauce until it’s warmed to your liking
– add pepper and stir (add more to your taste)
– stir in the chopped sausage links and mix to combine
– last pour in the farfalle pasta and mix again
Enjoy! 🙂 You can use a wide variety of red pasta sauces. I happen to be a fan of the italian sausage and romano sauce. You can serve it with some garlic bread and a salad and it’s an easy dinner. I usually never add salt to this recipe because I find the sauce is salty enough. After you add the pepper, try it first! Only add salt if you really like it salty. You could also add some mozzarella cheese or substitute the sausage links for italian sausage. It’s delicious for a 30 minute meal. It’s all about leftover ingredients. Somehow I realized that the dishes I make when I have leftovers generally taste better than the meals I plan..strange…:P What can I say? I love carbs.