I love fettucine alfredo but I believe my version is such a cheat sheet. As I’ve said many times before, college students make due with the ingredients they have. I was also a carbs lover and lazy butt in college..still am actually 🙂
Fettucine Alfredo w/Chicken & Broccoli
1 14oz jar of alfredo sauce (I used the Bertolli kind)
4 chicken breasts
2 cups broccoli (You can use the frozen kind if you like. Just make sure to thaw it first. I used fresh)
3/4 cup water
1 lb fettucine cooked
salt & pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper. You could also add additional seasoning if you like. Cook chicken breast for about 2-3 minutes per side. I pounded mine to uniform so if yours are slightly uneven than your cook time will vary.
2. Cut chicken into strips and set aside.
3. Pour broccoli into a medium pan and add just enough water to cover the entire bottom. About 3/4 cup. Put the lid on and steam for about 3 minutes.
4. Add cooked fettucine to a large pan and pour sauce on top.
5. Once it’s thoroughly mixed, add chicken and broccoli and stir to combine.
It’s a pretty simple recipe. Like most of my college recipes, I kind of winged it and used jarred sauce because I knew it would taste good. If you like homemade sauce than feel free to make it. I’m way to lazy for that 😀 lol Thanks for reading!