I was at work discussing what to make for breakfast with one of the lunch ladies and waffle french toast came up. I’ve been dying to try the recipe since I saw it on the Food Network so naturally I had to experiment.
Waffle French Toast
6 slices of wheat bread (challah and brioche probably work best because it’s sturdy)
1 cup of whole milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
strawberries and syrup for garnishing
pinch of cinnamon (optional)
1. Heat your waffle iron
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs.
3. Add vanilla and salt. The cinnamon is optional but if you prefer that kind of french toast taste than by all means add it.
4. Soak each piece of bread in the milk mixture. Soak enough to coat the entire piece of bread but don’t over soak it or else it’ll be all mushy and gross.
5. Cook on your waffle iron at the temp you’d make waffles at. I have a Cuisinart one and I use the 3.
6. Top with strawberries and drizzle syrup on top.
It’s the perfect brunch for mothers day 🙂 It’s also a great recipe for breakfast. All the ingredients are ingredients that I have on hand all the time so it’s simple. I love things that are simple 🙂 In other news, I’m volunteering with the Jordan Farmar Foundation this summer! 🙂 It’ll be at UCLA’s Pauley Pavillion for the annual Hoop Farm basketball camp. I’m beyond excited. Jordan played for UCLA while my sister was a freshman there so I’ve been a fan ever since. July needs to come faster!