Oh and my pepperoni pizza adventures continue. Believe it or not, I STILL have some pepperoni leftover. Yesterday I was making some dinner rolls because I didn’t want rice for dinner. I ended up making pepperoni pizza sliders with my leftover ingredients. They were AWESOME. Crunchy, cheesy, a hint of spicy. Oh so delicious! 🙂
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
2 dinner rolls
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
10 pepperoni slices
2 slices of smoked provolone (you can use mozzarella but I didn’t have any)
1-2 tablespoons of marinara sauce
– Melt the butter in a small frying pan and cook the pepperoni slices than set aside
– Cut dinner rolls in half hamburger style and add to pan to get some crunch and color
– Take the rolls out of the pan and immediate add half a slice of cheese to each slice (4 total)
– Add 5 pepperoni slices on the two bottom slices
– Add marinara sauce on top and put the top slices on the bottom slices
It’s so crunchy and cheesy and delicious!! 🙂 I really wanted more but I had to save room for dinner.
This is what I had for dinner. Delicious stir fry pork and a dinner roll 🙂 Lemon bars coming next! Happy Sunday
I still have leftover pepperoni from my pasta the other day so I decided to make a grilled cheese. I ran out of mozzarella since I used it all for the pasta so I used sliced smoked provolone and that worked well.
– If you have a snackmaster or a panini grill that works great. If you don’t than just use a frying pan like I did. Melt about 1/2 tablespoon of butter into the pan. Once it’s melted add the two slices of bread. Make sure the bottom side is nice and crispy before turning.
– Flip the bread to the other side, add more butter if needed, and put a slice of provolone on each slice
– Once the cheese is melted, add 5 pepperoni slices on each slice of bread
– Drizzle pizza sauce on top of each slice and add an extra slice of cheese
– Take the slices of bread out of the pan and flip one slice on top of the other like a sandwich. Push down with a spatula so all the cheese gets incorporated together. Enjoy 🙂
This sandwich really hits the spot. I was full after one of these and usually I eat a lot. You can also dip it in pizza sauce if you don’t want to add it on the sandwich. More pepperoni pizza recipes to come! 🙂
After my cupcake indulgence yesterday I had a bad craving for pepperoni pizza. I didn’t feel like ordering pizza nor did I feel like making any so I opted for a pasta instead. I love my carbs 🙂
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
1 14oz jar of marinara sauce (I made my own)
1lb shredded mozzarella cheese
1lb mini shell pasta cooked according to package instructions
1/2lb sliced pepperoni
– using a 13x9in pan, pour the pasta on the bottom
– sprinkle most of the cheese on top, reserve about 3/4 cup for the top
– layer the pepperoni on top of the cheese
– pour the warm sauce on top of the pepperoni and stir to combine
– sprinkle the leftover cheese on top
– bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese melts
It taste like pizza! I love red pasta sauces and the one I made with my sister was bomb.com. We don’t really measure when we make pasta sauce. It’s more of a little of this and a bit of that and than we taste test and add more stuff. Oh and DON’T ADD SALT. The jarred sauce should be salty enough and the pepperoni is definitely salty so don’t go overboard. You’ll regret it later. Happy eating 🙂
I finally got around to trying ConfeXion Cupcakes and Cake (previously known as Wonderland Custom Cakes) in Pasadena. They won Cupcake Wars twice on the Food Network and have won numerous awards as LA’s Best and Pasadena’s Best. I have to say..when it comes to cupcakes, I’m a huge cupcake snob. Too much or too little frosting will give you a haterade rating from me. I’m that picky. I’m also a lemonade snob and ConfeXion has excellent lemonade. Their rosemary vanilla bean lemonade is legit stuff. Their shop is super cute without being too much. I got 6 cupcakes and a lemonade. The cupcakes are 3.25 each which is a little pricy BUT worth the price if you get the right one.
They have cute tables and chairs to sit outside and enjoy your lemonade and cupcakes.
The outside of the store. Yes that’s me in the picture 🙂
This is the cupcake display. That’s Aunt Vendy behind the display. She’s super chill 🙂
The rosemary vanilla bean lemonade! It’s my saving grace. The rosemary isn’t too overwhelming and it puts out great flavor. You can also see vanilla beans at the bottom of the cup. That’s how you do it! 🙂
The cinnaswirl cupcake. Not a fan of the frosting but the cake is delicious.
The black and white cupcake. I’m a huge black and white cupcake lover BUT ConfeXion didn’t do me right this time. The one from Dots Cupcake still stands at number one for me. The frosting was wayyy too sweet and overwhelmed the cake. The cake was chocolatey and delicious but the frosting didn’t compliment it. Boo!
The s’mores cupcake. Taste just like a s’mores would. Gooey, chocolatey, marhsmallowy..if that’s a word.
The chocolate cupcake! Love at first sight. The frosting on this one complimented the cake and the curls on the side also complimented the cupcake.
The hunka hunka cupcake. Holy shanazz. Death by cupcake..but it was good! Wash it down with lemonade 😀
The champ cupcake. Now..there’s a reason why this cupcake is called “the champ.” It’s freakin delicious!! AND it has bacon on top! It’s a maple buttermilk cake with maple frosting and bacon to garnish. The best damn cupcake I’ve ever had! It was probably the best bacon too. The texture, the sweetness, the saltiness, the crunch…everything complimented one another. I swoon about this baby right here!! 🙂 Get the champ asap. Stuff your face immediately.
This ice cream pie is awesome! And the best part is it only has two ingredients if you can find it in your grocery store. It’s no secret that I love coffee ice cream. So I stood at the grocery store and thought to myself..what’s better than pie with ice cream? 🙂 I really just wanted ice cream in a pie shell.
Frozen Java Chip Pie
1 chocolate pie shell (you can use the oreo one too)
1 pint Starbucks java chip frappuccino ice cream
whipped cream (optional)
chocolate curls (optional)
alt ver. (if you can’t find the ice cream in store)
1 pint coffee ice cream
1/2 cup chopped mocha beans (I get them at the Sweet Factory)
– unwrap your pie shell and let the ice cream soften
– scoop out the ice cream into the pie shell and smooth the top
– freeze until the ice cream hardens again (takes about an hour)
– garnish with whip cream or chocolate curls if desired!
This dessert is super easy and delicious. There’s really nothing like a good ice cream pie. People will never know it only has two ingredients. I think it would taste better with the oreo crust but I couldn’t find it at the store. The chocolate crust isn’t bad but I think the oreo one would bring out the coffee flavor even more. Happy eating! 🙂
Yesterday night was extremely humid so instead of eating hot rice for dinner, my sister and I opted for salads. I’m not a huge fan of salmon. Especially in a salad..BUT ours was pretty darn tasty. The lemon in the salmon sent the salad over the top. It had a very refreshing taste in every bite.
– to assemble the salad I put the spinach on the bottom
– I’m a huge tomato freak so I like a lot of tomatoes in my salad so I piled on the tomato on top of the spinach
– drizzle a little dressing on top of the tomato and spinach
– layer with salmon depending on how much you want
– drizzle more dressing on top of salmon (I do two drizzles because too much dressing on the salmon will make it taste funky and no one wants a funky tasting salad)
This salad is real refreshing. You could add julienne carrots or maybe eggs if you want but I hate eggs in my salads so I never add them. I have a week off of work starting tomorrow! So expect to see more recipes now that I have time to make stuff 🙂 I’m making calzones and a frozen java chip pie. I’ll also be making trips to Oldtown Pasadena for the glorious hotdogs at Dog Haus and cupcakes at ConfeXion Cupcakes. See ya soon 🙂
Anyone who lives in the San Gabriel Valley has probably made a trip to Oldtown Pasadena once. They have streets and streets of delicious restaurants, froyo places, cupcakeries, and etc. I’ve been trimming down my bucket list for Pasadena and I’ve come up with these places so far. Feel free to let me know if I should add a place 🙂
– They have delicious salads which pretty much every kind of green imaginable. My cousin let me try her food once and it was delish. I’m also a sucker for lemonade. It’s a drug.
2. Tender Greens
– It’s kind of a strange name but the food they have looks delicious. I’ve been waiting to try the steak salad. It looks so good on Yelp!
3. Viktor Benes Bakery
– This bakery makes European desserts which I love. I love any type of dessert but their cakes and pastries look amazing. I think it’s better than Porto’s Bakery but we shall see.
4. Dog Haus
– Famous for their crazy names for hot dogs. They also have tater tots and sweet potato taters. Enough said.
– Coffee and sandwich place but I want to go for their soda pop selection. From the pictures I’ve seen on Yelp, it looks pretty darn delicious 🙂
6. Carmela’s Ice Cream Parlor
– They have blood orange vanilla bean sorbet! I’ve also been drooling over their salted caramel ice cream and strawberry buttermilk. It looks so good!!
I’ve never had a summer bucket list before but I guess this is as good of a time as any to start. I’m hoping to get an early start on some of these so I could avoid the weekend rush. It’s crazy in Oldtown on the weekends. Parking is brutal. Not as bad as LA but still pretty brutal.