I still have leftover pepperoni from my pasta the other day so I decided to make a grilled cheese. I ran out of mozzarella since I used it all for the pasta so I used sliced smoked provolone and that worked well.
Grilled Pepperoni Pizza Sandwich
2 slices wheat bread (you can whatever you like)
3 slices smoked provolone cheese
approx 10 pepperoni slices
1 tablespoon pizza sauce
1 tablespoon butter for frying
– If you have a snackmaster or a panini grill that works great. If you don’t than just use a frying pan like I did. Melt about 1/2 tablespoon of butter into the pan. Once it’s melted add the two slices of bread. Make sure the bottom side is nice and crispy before turning.
– Flip the bread to the other side, add more butter if needed, and put a slice of provolone on each slice
– Once the cheese is melted, add 5 pepperoni slices on each slice of bread
– Drizzle pizza sauce on top of each slice and add an extra slice of cheese
– Take the slices of bread out of the pan and flip one slice on top of the other like a sandwich. Push down with a spatula so all the cheese gets incorporated together. Enjoy 🙂
This sandwich really hits the spot. I was full after one of these and usually I eat a lot. You can also dip it in pizza sauce if you don’t want to add it on the sandwich. More pepperoni pizza recipes to come! 🙂