I’ve been on a Food Network kick lately. Which really means religiously watching the PW. I saw the episode where she made mocha brownies and immediately wanted to make some. Sooooo I ended up making brownies and chocolate pudding. I was craving ice cream but didn’t have any so the next best thing was chocolate pudding! 🙂 I didn’t have the ingredients for the icing in her recipe so there’s no mocha icing.
PW Mocha Brownies:
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4oz chocolate melted
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
– preheat oven to 325 degrees
– mix together butter and sugar in a mixer
– add in eggs one at a time (I usually crack them all in a bowl to make it easier)
– add vanilla and chocolate
– scrape down the sides to get everything mixed together
– add flour last, it should be a thick batter (kind of like frosting)
– bake at 325 degrees for about 40-50 minutes
– let cool completely and set it in the fridge for about 2 hrs
You can make the chocolate pudding with the instant pudding mix and 2 cups of cold milk. Just whisk until it resembles pudding. Set the brownies and pudding in the fridge. Cut up the brownies and place 2 or 3 in a bowl, depending on how much you want. Scoop two or three spoonfuls of pudding onto the brownies and voila! 🙂 It was delicious!