It’s no secret I love chocolate but these are some pretty awesome cupcakes. I was craving chocolate cupcakes and altered the Kroger recipe 🙂 They taste better cold!
Chocolate Cupcakes w/Chocolate Ganache Frosting
2 cups all purpose flour
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 stick butter
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp expresso powder
1 11.5oz box chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup sour cream
6 bars of dark chocolate (See’s candies)
1 cup heavy cream
– in a small pot, melt butter and add boiling water
– add cocoa powder and stir until melted and incorporated
– in a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking soda, pudding mix, and expresso powder
– pour in cocoa mixture and stir (it should be thick)
– add eggs, milk, and vanilla extract, stir carefully
– add in sour cream (mixture should be thick but pourable)
– line muffin tin with cupcake liners and use an ice cream scoop to measure out the cupcakes
– bake at 350 for 30 minutes
– let cool completely before frosting!
– in a small pot, heat heavy cream until boiling
– break chocolate bar into pieces in a medium bowl
– pour heavy cream over chocolate and stir until all chocolate is melted
– dip cupcakes in chocolate or spoon chocolate on top of cupcakes!
Look how glossy they are! 🙂 I love ganache. These would be great for Christmas with peppermint chocolate on top or andes mint chocolate. I decided to leave them be because they weren’t gifts for anyone. All for me!