I’m a huge pasta junkie. I LOVE LOVE LOVE carbs. Since I usually like to take the easy way out this recipe is one of my go to’s from my college days. I like it because I can use leftover ingredients and still make a great meal.
Fettucine Alfredo w/Chicken & Mushrooms
1lb fettucine, cooked according to package instructions
2 jars (11oz) of fettucine alfredo sauce (I used Bertolli)
2 cups shredded rotiserrie chicken
12 mushrooms, washed and sliced
salt and pepper to taste
red pepper flakes (optional)
– sautee mushromms in a little EVOO
– once mushrooms get some color, add in the alfredo sauce and stir
– when the mushrooms and sauce are thoroughly combined, add the chicken
– stir the chicken into the sauce and let it come to a light boil
– add salt and pepper to taste
– add red pepper flakes if desired (it makes the pasta so much better!!)
– give it one last stir and spoon over noodles
This is literally a 30 minute meal if you cook the noodles at the same time! 🙂 College day recipes are the best.