Yesterday I made potato salad with spicy pork sandwiches! They were totally delicious 🙂 I’ve always wanted to make potato salad at home but somehow I always bought the store kind. I looked up recipes on the PW’s blog and found one for spicy pulled pork and one for potato salad.
It taste delicious when it’s cold! I have to say, when it was lukewarm it had the weirdest mustard after taste but when it’s cold, it taste just like store bought potato salad.
Here’s my yummy spicy pork sandwich. It taste even better with bbq sauce! 🙂
Potato Salad (adapted from the PW)
5lbs potatoes, peeled and cooked
3-4 tablespoons sweet relish
3-4 tablespoons honey mustard
1 1/2 cups mayo
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1-2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon dill
– peel, cut, and broil potatoes until fork tender
– drain potatoes and put in a large bowl
– add all the other ingredients and mash (start with 3 tablespoons of relish and mustard first then add more to your liking)
– add more salt and pepper to taste if you need it
– let cool and refrigerate overnight for best flavor!!
It’s soooo good! This makes enough for a party and it’s almost all gone. I made it with four people in mind. It’s that delicious 🙂 I didn’t add the hard broiled eggs because I hate eggs in my potato salad. It makes me want to gag…not sure why but I’ve never liked it but you can totally add them if you like them!