I haven’t gotten around to blogging much since I started training for my new job. My feet still kinda hurt from standing so long since I wasn’t used to it. So this is a guest post from Jessica of Jess Loves This Life.
Hey there! Jess here from Jess Loves This Life. It’s been ridiculously hot here in So Cal all week, so today I’ll be sharing an easy, delicious, and refreshing dessert with you all! Raspberry chocolate mousse is usually my go to when we’re having company over because I mean, who doesn’t like chocolate?? If the weather keeps getting hotter, I might switch to only eating this. All chocolate diet!
Here’s what you need (makes 4):
-Half a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
-Handful of raspberries
-Coconut shavings for garnishing
Here’s what you do:
1. In a blender, pulse your chocolate chips until all the chips are completely crushed. Place in a bowl and add a splash of water and melt in the microwave for 3-4 minutes. Every 30 seconds, take out your chocolate and stir until completely melted.
2. In 2 bowls, separate your egg yolks and egg whites.
3. Add your chocolate to the bowl with the egg yolks and mix together until the yolks have blended in with the chocolate.
4. For your egg whites, whip them with a hand mixer until you have a mountain of egg white foam.
5. Slowly add the egg whites to the bowl with the chocolate and egg yolks, and gently mix.
6. Grab your serving bowl (I used a ramekin) and add a handful of crushed raspberries at the bottom. Add the chocolate mixture on top, and refrigerate for an hour and a half.
7. Pull out of the fridge, and top with more raspberries and coconut shavings (or any other toppings really!)