It’s cookie time! ^_^ The vets at the hospital are pretty picky about what I bring in. Usually the number one request is cookies because old men prefer cookies. I don’t know what old men prefer since I’m not an old man but that’s what I was told. I try to make other stuff too but they always request cookies so oatmeal cookies it is! I made a few batches at work the other day and they were delish. I ended up making some yesterday and bringing them in for the vets today. They gobbled them up like nobody’s business.
Oatmeal Cookies (adapted from allrecipes)
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups quick oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– preheat oven to 375 degrees
– in a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars
– add in eggs one at a time and stir to combine
– add salt, cinnamon, and vanilla and mix (I added more cinnamon because I like it stronger)
– stir in the oats
– add flour one cup at a time and mix just until combined
– use a ice cream scoop and scoop dough onto a silpat lined baking sheet
– bake for 10-12 minutes
– let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Technically these are supposed to be soft oatmeal cookies but I always like a hard exterior and soft interior texture. If you want them soft, 8 minutes should be good if you have a good working oven. My oven isn’t too great so it takes me about 10-12 minutes to get that golden brown exterior and have a crunchy outside but soft inside. These are delicious with a glass of milk! 🙂 They’re one of the best oatmeal cookies I’ve made so far. Enjoy em!