My sister and I made a trip to an Italian market in our hometown. It’s called Claros Italian Market and it was AMAZING! The food there was very authentic and I could definitely taste the difference. We ended up buying pretty much the whole store. I love mushroom ravioli so we got that with like 5lbs of hot garlic sausage. My dad grows cherry tomatoes so we didn’t have to buy any! 🙂
Mushroom Ravioli w/Hot Garlic Sausage
1lb of frozen or homemade mushroom ravioli
5 links of hot garlic sausage (I used smoked beef sausage as well as it just didn’t taste the same)
15 cherry tomatoes halved
evoo for tossing
grated parmesan cheese for garnish
– cook ravioli in a medium pan and set aside
– cook sausages and then cut into pieces
– throw ravioli back into pan and toss with evoo
– add sausage and toss again
– add tomatoes last and stir until just combined
– garnish with grated parmesan cheese
I used flavorful ingredients from the Italian market so I really didn’t have to season it at all. The ravioli was frozen and seasoned very well. The hot garlic sausage was also seasoned very well.
I highly suggest using just Italian sausage. The smoked sausage taste weird with it.
Prepping for the pasta 🙂
Blood orange gelato! It’s freakin delicious!! I LOVE blood orange so it was the perfect treat for me.
Delicious frozen mushroom ravioli
Box of deliciousness!
Slice of grand marnier cake and a bavarian creme eclair
Yummy syrups for my coffee.
We also bought spinach pasta salad, smoked gouda, jarred pesto, homemade chunky meat red sauce, amaretto syrup, 3 kinds of coffee, zabaione syrup, spaghetti pasta, angel hair pasta, a cookbook, greek cucumber salad, and I think that’s it. But seriously…we bought the whole store. Overall it was great! The workers were very friendly and helpful in helping us decide what to get. When we couldn’t decide we got everything. I know, I know, it’s horrible.
This past week has been pretty hectic. Since school was starting, there was a lot to do. There were also a lot of events. I made spaghetti and meatballs at my friends house because she doesn’t cook. AT ALL! I’m still trying to wonder how she survives. Anyway, onto the food!
Here’s the recipe.. Spaghetti and Meatballs (adapted from the PW)
1 box spaghetti cooked according to box instructions
2 lbs ground beef
3-4 cloves of garlic
2 cans of 16oz tomato sauce
3 tablespoons bread crumbs
1/4 cup of milk
4 tablespoons of italian seasoning divided
1-2 teaspoons black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, dump ground beef and mesh together with your hands.
2. Add the two eggs and milk and mix again.
3. Finally add 2 tablespoons of italian seasoning, bread crumbs, and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
4. After the mixture is completely combined, shape them into balls about the size of a golf ball or ping pong ball if you play beer pong 🙂
5. In a large pan, heat some oil and drop the meatballs in the pan to cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side. It doesn’t have to be throughly cooked because we’re adding it back into the sauce.
6. Once the meatballs are seared then put them back on a plate.
7. Sautee the onions and minced garlic. Add the meatballs back in then add the tomato sauce.
8. Simmer the sauce and meatballs on medium low heat for about 30-45 minutes. While the sauce is simmering, cook your spaghetti according to box instructions.
Enjoy it 🙂 I think it was my first time making meat balls so that was pretty interesting. On a side note, I had to show you this delicious picture. As most of you know, I’m a food truck fanatic and on Tuesday I caught the Lobsta Truck! I was so excited because I’ve been meaning to try them for a really long time. I ended up getting the lobster roll. DE-LI-CIOUS! 🙂 I loved it like no other. Lobster is by far one of my favorite dishes.
Thanks for coming by!